Monday, December 7, 2009

Taking back control of the house

As I sit here writing this, I'm trying to recall where we went wrong with "Puppy La-La". MMmmm can't really pin point it but I was one of those who said "oh my dog will never do that," kind of like the blogs Nichole puts up about her 3 children, "oh my kids will never do that." Believe me, I take back ALL that I said my babies would never do! I'm seriously at my whits end with this dog...well not really...but sometimes it sure feels that way. Waking up every morning to a wimper outside the bedroom and some paws scratching on the door. I love that someone needs me in the morning, but at the same time I know I'm going to walk out to an absolute mess of god knows what. I decided to try something new like block off a portion of the house with a pet gate so that way she'd only have access to a small part where she would stay for the whole night in her bed. Hmmmmm, it worked until she figured out how to jump the fence. She felt blocked off from the rest of the family and then the cats would tease her on the other side of the fence. After she learned how to jump the fence, we decided to just unlatch it since it was useless. Well this gave her the green light to destroy the very thing that kept her in her "space".

Yep she showed us!

1 comment: